About Us

Loxton Lutheran School is open to all families.

It is set on spacious grounds, with established trees and native gardens.  All classrooms are roomy, air-conditioned and well equipped with resources of a high standard. 

A large multi-purpose building is used for weekly Chapel services, Assemblies, visiting concerts, other indoor activities and parent functions.  A modern Resource Centre comprises the Library, Computer Room and Special Education Room. 

Playground equipment is well maintained and regularly upgraded to provide quality play opportunities for students.

The school is committed to maintaining a modern profile with regards to its buildings and facilities.

The school owns a bus with air-conditioning and seatbelts which is used to transport children on a daily basis from the Renmark and Berri areas.  Classes also utilise the bus for local educational excursions.

History

The Lutheran School in Loxton was first established in 1947.  For the first six years school had been conducted in a converted house in Fourth Street.  Due to increasing enrolments, it was essential that a school be built.  After Parish discussions and planning permission was given in August 1952, O.E. Bradtke supplied building materials and supervised the erection of the first school building.   The project began with a band of willing workers pouring the foundations and making cement bricks.  

The foundation stone was laid by Miss Gertrude Jacob at a special service held on Sunday, November 30th, 1952.

The dedication of the new school building took place on Sunday, March 8th, 1953 and was officiated by District President (UELCA) Pastor J. Dohler

Loxton lutheran

loxton lutheran

Site design: That's Graphic