Loxton Lutheran School is a Reception to Year 7 school (it will be Reception to Year 6 from 2022) of the Lutheran Church of Australia. Loxton Lutheran is one of over 85 Lutheran schools educating more than 40,000 students in Australia. We are a school with a proud history, where our past helps inform the present.
We Inspire Greatness.
LOXTON LUTHERAN SCHOOL ESTABLISHED
For the first six years, the school was conducted in a converted house in Fourth Street. Due to increasing enrolments, it was essential that a school be built.
FIRST SCHOOL BUILDING PLANNED
After Parish discussions and planning permission was given in August 1952, O.E. Bradtke supplied building materials and supervised the erection of the first school building.
The project began with a band of willing workers pouring the foundations and making cement bricks.
FIRST SCHOOL BUILDING BUILT
The foundation stone was laid by Miss Gertrude Jacob at a special service held on Sunday, November 30th, 1952.
The dedication of the new school building took place on Sunday, March 18th, 1953 and was officiated by District President (UELCA) Pastor J. Dohler.
A TIME OF GROWTH AND EXPANSION
The school has changed markedly since those early days, with new classrooms and learning spaces being developed to accommodate the increase of enrolments and changes in curriculum offerings.
CONTINUING TO IMPROVE
Utilising funds acquired through the ‘Building Education Revolution’, a state of the art sporting and arts centre, named the LIFE Centre (Living in Faith every day) was built.
PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE
We are committed to continual evaluation and improvement of learning spaces. We are currently working on a new Master Plan, which will see the development of new learning environments, refurbishment of existing buildings and creation of new play spaces, which will help us achieve our goal of improving learning and wellbeing outcomes for students within our Christian context.